- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro leaves, sour cream and cubed avocado
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil in batches. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Presto Chicken Tacos
Sort By :
Fast, easy and so tasty!
The filling is too dry and the Tortilla's need to be fried to a crispy finish to have any flavour.
I thought these were just ok. I've had chicken tacos seasoned differently that were much tastier.
This was good, but the chicken turned out rather tough. It did not travel well as leftovers for lunch.
Hard to believe that something this easy can be so delicious. Excellent dish!