Presto Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro leaves, sour cream and cubed avocado
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil in batches. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 215 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Presto Chicken Tacos
"I thought this was missing something...not too much flavor. Everyone else thought they were fine, though. Easy to do and I usually have everything on hand is a plus."
"This was good, but I do think it was missing something. Maybe changing the diced tomatoes for salsa would add the extra flare it needed."
"Fast, easy and so tasty!"
"The filling is too dry and the Tortilla's need to be fried to a crispy finish to have any flavour."
"I thought these were just ok. I've had chicken tacos seasoned differently that were much tastier."
"This was good, but the chicken turned out rather tough. It did not travel well as leftovers for lunch."
"Hard to believe that something this easy can be so delicious. Excellent dish!"
"What a great recipie! It is fast and easy to make. The taste is wonderful! Thank you for a new staple in my kitchen."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.