Slowly cooking the chicken with the seasonings is the key to perfection with this dish. The chicken mixture also makes a great salad topping. —Nanette Hilton, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro leaves, sour cream and cubed avocado
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil in batches. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Presto Chicken Tacos in Taste of Home February/March 2010, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Presto Chicken Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review