Presto Beef Stew Recipe
This quick, flavorful dinner for two couldn’t be easier. Just combine sauteed mushrooms with shredded beef, then serve with golden-brown biscuits. “Sometimes I add sliced green onions to the stew.” —Karla Johnson, East Helena, Montana
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Shred beef with two forks; add to the pan. Add pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide stew between two bowls; top each with a biscuit. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Presto Beef Stew in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p38
Reviews for Presto Beef Stew(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Stew Recipes >