Presto Beef Stew
This quick, flavorful dinner for two couldn’t be easier. Just combine sauteed mushrooms with shredded beef, then serve with golden-brown biscuits. “Sometimes I add sliced green onions to the stew.”
—Karla Johnson, East Helena, Montana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add
- mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Shred beef with two forks;
- add to the pan. Add pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until
- smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Divide stew between two bowls; top each with a biscuit. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup with 1 biscuit equals 710 calories, 40 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 1,595 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 54 g protein.