Presto Beef Stew Recipe
This quick, flavorful dinner for two couldn’t be easier. Just combine sauteed mushrooms with shredded beef, then serve with golden-brown biscuits. “Sometimes I add sliced green onions to the stew.” —Karla Johnson, East Helena, Montana
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Shred beef with two forks; add to the pan. Add pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Divide stew between two bowls; top each with a biscuit. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup with 1 biscuit equals 710 calories, 40 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 1,595 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 54 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC