Presto Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Shred beef with two forks; add to the pan. Add pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide stew between two bowls; top each with a biscuit. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Presto Beef Stew
Sort By :
Hormel or Tyson I think makes roast beef au jus in refrigerated section of stores Walmart superstores as well as some grocery stores have these with cardboard sleeve on plastic tubs.
Where do you buy the roast au jus? Never heard of it before.
Sounds like a great meal if you can find the ingredients.
sunnysum-step two calls to shred the beef with forks and add to the pan.
The recipe doesn't mention the refrigerated beef roast au jus listed in the ingredients. When is it used?