Pressure-Cooker Pork Ribs Recipe
Enjoy melt-in-your-mouth ribs when you try this pressure cooker recipe shared by field editor Paula Zsiray of Logan, Utah. “When I was younger, my mom-Doris Stephenson-made these delicious spareribs for special Saturday dinners,” says Paula.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Sprinkle the ribs with the onion salt, pepper and paprika. In a pressure cooker, brown ribs in oil on all sides. Remove from the pressure cooker and drain. Return meat to the pressure cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat.
- 2. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- 3. Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Skim fat from sauce if necessary and serve with ribs if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 402 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC