Pressure Cooker French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
Beef chuck roast gives this classic sandwich and its rich broth a hearty flavor. Add a crusty roll and you have a filling meal. This is also a great "do-ahead" recipe that can be prepared several days before serving.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Sliced French bread
- 1. Place roast on a rack in a pressure cooker; sprinkle with oregano, rosemary, seasoned salt and pepper. Add broth, bay leaf and garlic. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- 2. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 1 hour. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- 3. Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. remove beef; shred with two forks. Discard bay leaf and garlic from broth. Serve shredded beef on French bread with broth for dipping. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/3 pound) equals 237 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC