Presidential Cinnamon-Glazed Almonds Snack
For his 1993 inauguration, President Bill Clinton ordered a half ton of these sweet and crunchy almonds! They were nicknamed the president's snack of choice, so many people tried them. You and your family will likely find them irresistible as well.—Almond Board of California, California
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups whole almonds
- Place butter in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° until
- melted, about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat egg whites
- with salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until
- stiff peaks form. Fold in cinnamon and almonds; pour over butter and
- toss to coat. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until almonds are
- crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 433 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein.