Your family will be delighted with these special cakes at the end of a holiday meal. They are so colorful and delicious too.Joanie Ward, Brownsburg, Indiana
15-20 ServingsPrep: 2-1/2 hours Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Ready-to-use white and primary colors rolled fondant (about 1 pound)
- 1 new small paintbrush
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment
- paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil.
- Immediately remove from the heat. Combine the flour, sugar, salt,
- baking powder and baking soda; add to butter mixture. Stir in the
- sour cream, eggs and extract until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until