Present Cake Pops
If only all wrapping paper tasted this sweet. We used cut strips of Fruit Roll-Ups for ribbon, but the pop-sibilities are endless! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
48 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- 48 lollipop sticks
- Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup frosting and mix well.
- Press cake mixture into silicone ice cube trays; insert a lollipop
- stick into each. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until cake cubes are
- Run a small spatula around the edge of each cake cube to loosen;
- remove from trays. In a microwave, warm remaining vanilla frosting;
- stir until smooth. Dip pops in frosting. Insert cake pops into a
- styrofoam block to stand. Form ribbons and bows with strips of fruit
- rolls. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cake pop equals 123 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.