Present Cake Pops Recipe
If only all wrapping paper tasted this sweet. We used cut strips of Fruit Roll-Ups for ribbon, but the pop-sibilities are endless! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min. + freezing YIELD:48 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- 48 lollipop sticks
- Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup frosting and mix well. Press cake mixture into silicone ice cube trays; insert a lollipop stick into each. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until cake cubes are firm.
- 3. Run a small spatula around the edge of each cake cube to loosen; remove from trays. In a microwave, warm remaining vanilla frosting; stir until smooth. Dip pops in frosting. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Form ribbons and bows with strips of fruit rolls. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cake pop equals 123 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC