If only all wrapping paper tasted this sweet. We used cut strips of Fruit Roll-Ups for ribbon, but the pop-sibilities are endless! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- 48 lollipop sticks
- Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup frosting and mix well. Press cake mixture into silicone ice cube trays; insert a lollipop stick into each. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until cake cubes are firm.
- Run a small spatula around the edge of each cake cube to loosen; remove from trays. In a microwave, warm remaining vanilla frosting; stir until smooth. Dip pops in frosting. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Form ribbons and bows with strips of fruit rolls. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Present Cake Pops in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012
Reviews for Present Cake Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
"adorable! and of course yummy. =3"