- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apples
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in apples and 1 cup pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar; boil for 1 minute. Spoon over bread. Sprinkle with remaining pecans; let stand until set. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Praline-Topped Apple Bread(6)
Sort By :
This bread is SO good and a nice change from banana bread during the fall/winter!!
Loved this, especially the topping. Took to work for treat day and it was a big hit.
I think if there were a little cinnamon in the bread it self it would tie the two together. The recipe was simple but the two didn't go together. The bread by it self with a little butter would be a great breakfast treat tosted but to bland to hold up under all that sweetness. Won't make again.
Became an instant best-loved recipe with the entire family; fabulous; easy to make!! One large Granny Smith did the trick!
Tasty. I wish they would tell you how many apples instead of a cup measure - I'm sure it's more accurate, but I would like to know that my two apples would be enough before I started. (they were). Mine took longer than the recipe states, but I think my pan was the wrong size.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Bread >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >