This heavenly loaf is perfect if you have overnight holiday guests. —Sonja Blow, Nixa, Missouri
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apples
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in apples and 1 cup pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar; boil 1 minute. Spoon over bread. Sprinkle with remaining pecans; let stand until set. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Praline-Topped Apple Bread in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p109
Reviews for Praline-Topped Apple Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review