- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apples
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in apples and 1 cup pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar; boil 1 minute. Spoon over bread. Sprinkle with remaining pecans; let stand until set. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Praline-Topped Apple Bread
Sort By :
"wonderful ! will definitely make again"
"Moist and delicious. the praline glaze makes it a treat for those with a sweet tooth. Toasting the pecans gives them a flavorful crunch."
"This bread is SO good and a nice change from banana bread during the fall/winter!!"
"Loved this, especially the topping. Took to work for treat day and it was a big hit."