Praline Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan likes to serve these creamy potatoes alongside ham loaf or a slice of ham. Chopped pecans add crunch to the sweet brown sugar topping.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, milk, egg yolk, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup until blended; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Praline Sweet Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC