Praline Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, milk, egg yolk, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup until blended; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 524 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Praline Sweet Potatoes
"I love sweet potatoes and wanted a new twist. These were yummy but a little bit sweet"
"I too wished to the Nutrition Facts so entered the ingredients and instructions into a calorie counter. It received a nutritional grade of C+and has 868 calories. Good points: High in manganese and Very high in vitamin A. Bad Points: High in cholesterol and High in sugar."
"Oh my! These are so good. Perhaps a little too good. I'm afraid to find out the calories, but I do wish there was nutritional information for this recipe."