- 238° (soft-ball stage), about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add vanilla; stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly
- and begins to lose its gloss. Quickly drop by heaping tablespoonfuls
- onto prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until set. Coarsely
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Sprinkle 1 cup
- praline crumbles into pastry. Place the sweet potatoes, egg yolks,
- sugar, milk, cream, butter, extract and spices in a food processor.
- Cover and process just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 30-35
- minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cover edges with foil
- during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining praline
- crumbles. Yield: 8 servings.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Praline crumbles can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. Store in an airtight container.