Praline Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
I like to give these pretty loaves as gifts. Save time during the busy holiday season by baking a big batch and freezing them.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Grease and flour two 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Line bottoms of pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, sweet potatoes, oil, water and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; fold in pecans.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Carefully peel off waxed paper.
- 4. For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Pour over loaves. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 286 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Praline Sweet Potato Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC