Praline Sweet Potato Bake
I often serve this dish for Thanksgiving. It isn't overly sweet, and it's always popular with family and friends. I never serve it without someone wanting the recipe.—Kevin Bruckerhoff, Columbia, Missouri
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, butter, egg,
- vanilla and salt until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients until blended; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 452 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.