I often serve this dish for Thanksgiving. It isn't overly sweet, and it's always popular with family and friends. I never serve it without someone wanting the recipe.—Kevin Bruckerhoff, Columbia, Missouri
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and salt until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients until blended; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Praline Sweet Potato Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p43
Reviews for Praline Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review