- For cake, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Add pumpkin
- and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, pie spice, baking
- soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture just until blended.
- Carefully spoon batter over brown sugar mixture. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to
- cool completely.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place one cake layer, praline side up, on a serving plate. Spread
- two-thirds of the whipped cream mixture over cake. Top with second
- cake layer and remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional
- pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without additional pecans) equals 577 calories, 38 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.