Praline Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Meet the Cook: For me, baking is a relaxation rather than a chore. This is one of my favorites, a dessert I adapted from a neighbor's recipe for praline chocolate pie. The house my husband and I live in is in the suburbs, overlooking fields. -Sandra Haase, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of pie shell. Prick sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, flour and spices in a large bowl; stir in pumpkin. Gradually add cream. Pour into pastry shell. If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 3. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece equals 344 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Praline Pumpkin Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC