- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle pecans into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Combine the
- brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla and salt; sprinkle over
- pecans. Drizzle with butter.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into 15 balls. Place over
- topping. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled,
- about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1
- minute; invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 coffee cakes (15
- servings each).
Editor's Note: Coffee cakes may be frozen before baking and thawed for 4 hours in the refrigerator. Place in a cold oven; set oven to 375°. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until browned.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 206 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.