- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs, milk powder, salt, yeast mixture, remaining sugar and water and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle pecans into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla and salt; sprinkle over pecans. Drizzle with butter.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into 15 balls. Place over topping. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute; invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 coffee cakes (15 servings each).
Originally published as Praline Pull-Apart Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 1998, p105
Reviews for Praline Pull-Apart Coffee Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review