Praline Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large saucepan, mix 1-1/2 cups sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in water until smooth. Add peaches. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour and remaining sugar; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk and stir just until moistened. If needed, add additional buttermilk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough clings together. Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6 to 8 times. Roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle.
- 3. Combine butter, brown sugar and pecans; spread over the dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Starting with long side, roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into twelve 1-in. pieces. Place on top of the peach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 409 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Praline Peach Cobbler
"This is a wonderful cobbler, with a lovely flavor combination plus it was very easy to prepare. It is nice to find different way to make peach cobbler and this is a real change of pace from the typical cobbler recipes. We served it with vanilla ice cream and it was a huge hit!"
"this is AMAZING!!!?"
"One word... AWESOME!!"
"I meant to note that I usually use canned peaches & it still turns out delicious."
"Another family favorite ~ it is super yummy & a major comfort food. Easy to make."
"Absolutely incredible. Easy to make. In fact, we bought extra peaches so we could make several batches. We then froze the peach sauce to re-use later. This also allows us to make as many as we want (especially helpful since there are only two of us at home)."