"The recipe for this sweet, nutty ice cream sauce comes from a famous New Orleans restaurant," reports Cindy Stephenson of Houston, Texas. "When we entertain, I top each pretty parfait with whipped cream and a pecan half."
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 to 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar and water; bring to a
- boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- Cool completely. Spoon half of the ice cream into four parfait
- glasses or dishes. Top each with 2 tablespoons sauce. Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate leftover sauce. Yield: 4 servings (about 2-1/2 cups).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 789 calories, 32 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 131 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.