Praline Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, sour cream, 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Melt the remaining butter; place in a large bowl. Add ice cream; stir to blend. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in the remaining vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into ice cream mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with half of the sauce. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Add pecans to remaining sauce; spoon over warm cake (sauce will not cover cake completely). Cool cake in pan. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Praline Ice Cream Cake(4)
Sort By :
I prepared this recipe 3/22/14. I did adjust the recipe as follows: I used 1/2 cup plain unflavored yogurt and 1 Tbsp. cornstarch in the sauce. I used 14-oz. softened Haagen Daz Butter Pecan Ice Cream, softened. I used a greased and floured 8x8x2" baking pan! I cooled the cake 10 minutes. I drizzled the balance of the remaining sauce over the warm cake & added 1/3 cup toasted pecans to the sauce. I also sprinkled with a mixture of flaked coconut and pecans on top of the sauce. I chilled the cake in the refrigerator to allow the sauce to set.
I love this recipe and always get rave reviews when I make it. Very sweet though.
This cake really tastes good! It is not easy to make -- when I was finished almost everything in the kitchen was in the dishwasher, but the effort was worth it. I halved the recipe and used an 8x8" square pan and baked for about 35 minutes.
Love this cake. Very moist and not terribly sweet like some pralines can be. Very good!! A hit at pot lucks, too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >