Someone brought these crunchy, nutty treats to a meeting I attended, and I wouldn't leave without the recipe. They're super easy to fix, inexpensive and delicious. The recipe makes a lot, so it's a great snack for a crowd. Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Break
- the graham crackers at indentations; place in a single layer in pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a
- rolling boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; add nuts. Pour over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand
- for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.