- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Break the graham crackers at indentations; place in a single layer in pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add nuts. Pour over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Praline Grahams
"I recall making these Praline Grahams when they were featured in Quick Cooking! I'd used 1 cup of butter, brown sugar and chopped walnuts! These were GREAT! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"This makes a tasty candy. Be sure to follow directions carefully and do not over heat your butter and brown sugar. Finely chop nuts. Bigger nuts will easily fall off finished product. Also, keep a close eye on them when in over. Very easy to over bake."
"A family favorite every Christmas for many years. Keeps well. Highly recommend!!!"
"I made this recipe according to the directions. I also found that baking it for the 10 minutes was a little too long. I also thought these tasted better the next day. When I make this again, I'm going to try adding the chocolate."
"These are great! I followed the directions exactly right up until the end. After I took them out, I added about 1 1/2 cup choc. chips, waited for about ten minutes and then spread them out - YUM!"