- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 24 to 30 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- PRALINE SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Arrange bread in a single layer in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in pecans and butter; simmer 2 minutes longer. Serve with French toast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Praline French Toast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Reviews for Praline French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2015
"Can this recipe be frozen. payne6472"