- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 24 to 30 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- PRALINE SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Arrange bread in a single layer in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in pecans and butter; simmer 2 minutes longer. Serve with French toast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Praline French Toast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Reviews for Praline French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2015
"Can this recipe be frozen. payne6472"