Praline Crunch Ice Cream Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CANDIED PECANS:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- 2. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in cream and vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining ice cream mixture.
- 4. In a heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add pecans; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until coated. Spread pecans onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Cool completely.
- 5. For sauce, combine butter, water and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat without stirring. Boil 4 minutes. Stir 6-8 minutes or until mixture is caramel-colored. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in cream until smooth. Serve caramel sauce and candied pecans over ice cream. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts ice cream (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 cup: 1222 calories, 87g fat (50g saturated fat), 330mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 109g carbohydrate (104g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Praline Crunch Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.