- water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in cream and vanilla. Transfer to a
- bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for
- several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until
- ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4
- hours before serving.
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown
- sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pecans; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until coated. Spread
- pecans onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Cool completely.
- For sauce, combine butter, water and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add
- sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over
- medium-high heat without stirring. Boil for 4 minutes. Stir for 6-8
- minutes or until mixture is caramel-colored. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully stir in cream until smooth. Serve caramel sauce and
- candied pecans over ice cream. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts ice cream
- (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 1,222 calories, 87 g fat (50 g saturated fat), 330 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 109 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.