Praline Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill until dough is easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- 2. Form into 1-in. balls; place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with fingers; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon pecans. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. Meanwhile, for icing, combine the brown sugar and cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; blend in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 219 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Praline Cookies
"fantastic taste, quick and easy to make, great results. I use parchment paper to make sure bottoms stay lightly browned. Agree with another reviewer that the icing recipe should be halved as it does not reheat all that well for a second batch and really very little is needed on the cookie they are sweet enough to actually not need it other than it enhances the praline flavour"
"These were good.It took time to make these."
"Everyone loved these and they were easy to make. I would probably halve the icing recipe though, because I ended up with almost half of it left over. I will be making these again. Delicious!"