Praline Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill until dough is easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- Form into 1-in. balls; place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with fingers; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon pecans. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, for icing, combine the brown sugar and cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; blend in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Praline Cookies
Sort By :
"This is my new favourite cookie! Chewy sweet and addicting. I made for friends for Christmas and they were a huge hit, everyone was asking for the recipe. This will be a cookie to make every christmas."
"Took this cookie to share with my bowling league buddies and got rave reviews, everyone loved them and asked me to make more to bring again next time. This cookie was actually very easy to make, definitely a keeper."
"These were good.It took time to make these."
"Everyone loved these and they were easy to make. I would probably halve the icing recipe though, because I ended up with almost half of it left over. I will be making these again. Delicious!"