Praline Chocolate Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pecan halves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over pecans. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over praline layer. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set.
- 4. For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set.
- 5. Loosen sides of pan with a knife. Remove rim from pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 552 calories, 43g fat (22g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Praline Chocolate Dessert
"I made this dessert every year for several years. I forgot about the recipe for awhile until last Christmas. My family began talking about our favorite desserts and this one topped everyone's list. I made it again for Christmas dinner. It was just as good as we all remembered.So easy and so so good! Just plan for a whole day to make it since there is a lot of wait time."
"I've made this a number of times and it is always a hit. It really isn't very hard to make. Some reviewers used milk choc chips instead of the semi-sweet ones, but I like the darker ones best. One thing to remember is to put aluminum foil on the outside of the springform pan so the butter does not leak out of the bottom."
"I gave some of this dessert to several people and they really liked it."
"Easy, gorgeous, and decadent!!"
"made this and took some over to my brother.. he called and said how much he liked it, like there was a heath bar inside, then my sister grabbed the phone from him and raved how it was the best thing she had ever eaten, and said she would pay me to make it for her birthday"
"I remade this pie and used milk chocolate chips for the ganache. Made the pie alot better in my opinion."
"This a super rich desert. Only takes a thin slice to satisfy your sweet tooth. I really like everything about this pie except the Ganache. I found it to be a little too bitter for my taste. Next time, I will use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chips."
"I've made it three times for special gatherings and it always gets rave reviews. It is "lip smacking" GOOD!"
"This is seriously the best dessert I have ever tasted. YUM! It is very rich though, so I have considered putting it in a bigger pan to spread the layers out, especially the cream cheese."
"FABULOUS!!!!! I used regular brown sugar and low fat cream cheese. It lost no taste!"