A cookie crumb crust, lusciouslayers of praline and cream cheese, and a chocolate glaze make this rich dessert a showstopper. It's worth the extra effort and freezes well, too. —Korrie Bastian, Clearfield, Utah
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over pecans. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over praline layer. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set.
- For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set.
- Loosen sides of pan with a knife. Remove rim from pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Praline Chocolate Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p30
Reviews for Praline Chocolate Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review