- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over praline layer. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Praline Chocolate Dessert
Sort By :
I've made this a number of times and it is always a hit. It really isn't very hard to make. Some reviewers used milk choc chips instead of the semi-sweet ones, but I like the darker ones best. One thing to remember is to put aluminum foil on the outside of the springform pan so the butter does not leak out of the bottom.
I gave some of this dessert to several people and they really liked it.
Easy, gorgeous, and decadent!!
made this and took some over to my brother.. he called and said how much he liked it, like there was a heath bar inside, then my sister grabbed the phone from him and raved how it was the best thing she had ever eaten, and said she would pay me to make it for her birthday
I remade this pie and used milk chocolate chips for the ganache. Made the pie alot better in my opinion.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >