Tasting this cheesecake will quickly bring the South to mind. For me, it always conjures up the image of a couple swinging on the front porch, taking in the beauty of the huge magnolia tree out in their yard.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped cream
- Whole pecans
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a
- 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Set side.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until smooth in a large bowl. Gradually
- add brown sugar and flour. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Add vanilla. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into
- crust; bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 20 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish
- with whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium,