Tasting this cheesecake will quickly bring the South to mind. For me, it always conjures up the image of a couple swinging on the front porch, taking in the beauty of the huge magnolia tree out in their yard.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped cream
- Whole pecans
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Set side.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until smooth in a large bowl. Gradually add brown sugar and flour. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into crust; bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Praline Cheesecake in Country Extra January 1992, p47
Reviews for Praline Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review