Praline Cereal Crunch
A sweet and salty snack like this is hard to resist. The recipe makes 10 cups, so it's great to make when hosting a party.
—Glene Bolin, Paradise, California
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 8 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine cereal and pecans; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and
- butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or
- until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in
- vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly. Bake at 250° for 1
- hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Turn onto waxed paper to cool.
- Break into bite-size pieces. Yield: 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 203 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.