- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar; beat in egg.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture
- and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine the pecans, butter, sugars and salt.
- Spread in a single layer in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, stirring every 5
- minutes. Cool.
- For caramel layer, combine the butter and sugars in a saucepan. Bring
- to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in
- the cream; return to a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For filling, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips,
- unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Beat in the sugar. Add eggs,
- one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and salt just until blended; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit an 11-in. fluted
- tart pan with removable bottom. Transfer pastry to pan; trim even
- with top edge. Spread filling into crust. Top with caramel mixture;
- cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with topping and
- remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16-20
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 330 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.