Praline Brownie Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- PRALINE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- CARAMEL LAYER:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar; beat in egg. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, for topping, combine the pecans, butter, sugars and salt. Spread in a single layer in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool.
- 3. For caramel layer, combine the butter and sugars in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream; return to a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 4. For filling, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- 5. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Beat in the sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt just until blended; set aside.
- 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Transfer pastry to pan; trim even with top edge. Spread filling into crust. Top with caramel mixture; cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with topping and remaining chocolate chips.
- 7. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 slice: 330 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Praline Brownie Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.