"These upside-down biscuits have an appealing nut topping that adds a special touch to a company brunch," says Merrill Powers of Spearville, Kansas. Best of all, they bake in just minutes.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 36 pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- Grease 12 muffin cups. In each cup, place 2 teaspoons brown sugar,
- three pecan halves and a dash cinnamon. In a large bowl, combine the
- biscuit mix, applesauce and milk just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Immediately
- invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.