"These upside-down biscuits have an appealing nut topping that adds a special touch to a company brunch," says Merrill Powers of Spearville, Kansas. Best of all, they bake in just minutes.
Recommended: 38 Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 36 pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- Grease 12 muffin cups. In each cup, place 2 teaspoons brown sugar, three pecan halves and a dash cinnamon. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, applesauce and milk just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Praline Biscuits in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p49
Reviews for Praline Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2010
"I made these again, but with bisquick and they did not taste anywhere near as good. I highly recommend using a baking/pancake mix instead of a biscuit mix ."
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2009
"I used pancake mix and chopped pecans and they were delicious!"