Praline Banana Muffins
Ever since my children were small (and it became too difficult for Santa to transport his goods!), I've invited my parents and in-laws over for Christmas breakfast. Undoubtedly, part of the tradition included these easy, rich muffins.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 small ripe banana, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups packaged pancake mix
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and sour cream; set
- aside. Combine egg, bananas, sugar and oil; mix well. Stir in
- pancake mix just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin
- cups two-thirds full. Drop 1 teaspoon of pecan mixture into center
- of each muffin. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until muffins
- test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.