Praline Apple Pie Recipe
I've won a couple of first-place prizes at our county fair with this pie! See if it becomes a prize-winner at your house, too.--Bev Higley, Londonderry, Ohio
- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apple (about 8 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- PRALINE TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Line pie plate with bottom crust; brush well with apple cider. Add apple mixture; pour any remaining cider over all. Drizzle with butter. Top with second crust; flute edges to seal. Cut slits in top. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- 2. For topping, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the brown sugar, cider and cream. Bring to a full rolling boil over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in pecans.
- 3. Remove pie from oven (leave oven on) and place on a baking sheet. Slowly pour topping over pie. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until topping bubbles. Cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 550 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Praline Apple Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC