Prairie Fire Dip Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Large corn chips
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the beans, cheese, butter if desired, onion, garlic, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
1 tablespoon: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Prairie Fire Dip
"I love this dip! So did my family and friends at a get together! I upped the heat a little with a few more splashes of hot pepper sauce. I'm making this again today!"