Prairie Fire Dip Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Large corn chips
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the beans, cheese, butter if desired, onion, garlic, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
One 2-tablespoon serving (prepared with fat-free refried beans and without butter; calculated without corn chips) equals 56 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.