Prairie Apple Crunch
I can make two "guarantees" with this dish...it never fails and it disappears quickly. It is easy and delicious...what more can you ask for?
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Combine brown sugar, flour and
- butter; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve
- warm or at room temperature with cream if desired. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.