Prairie Apple Crunch Recipe
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Place apples in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Combine brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 250 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Prairie Apple Crunch
"I went by the recipe and and am very happy with the results. This is delicious. I was given lots of apples and need to use some up. They were not quite as tart as I would have wished but still made a wonderful desert. Will be making this one again!"