Prairie Apple Crunch Recipe
I can make two "guarantees" with this dish...it never fails and it disappears quickly. It is easy and delicious...what more can you ask for?
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Place apples in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Combine brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Prairie Apple Crunch
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC