The ultimate in French-Canadian junk food, poutine commonly features warm fries topped with cheese curds and gravy. This side dish is quick to fix with frozen potatoes and packaged gravy but has all the traditional greasy spoon comfort. —Shelisa Terry, Henderson, Nevada
- 4 cups frozen French-fried potatoes
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese curds or cubed white cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare fries according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Stir in pepper. Place fries on a serving plate; top with cheese curds and gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 244 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC