- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oregano, eggs and milk; stir until smooth; pour into the baking dish. Crumble meat mixture over batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Spoon pizza sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pour Pizza
"I can't get over how good this is for something so easy to make! Please try it, you'll love it. I did add our favorite green peppers to the ground beef and onion. I also used the homemade pizza sauce that we love from this site; I always have some in the freezer. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe!"
"I grew up with this pizza. My grandma used to make, then my dad and mom, and now me. So easy and yummy!"