Pour-A-Pan Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; stir in milk and eggs. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle over the crust. Top with pepperoni, onion and green pepper.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Spread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 439 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,199 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.