"This main dish is great on Friday nights when the kids want pizza and I don't have much time to make a home-made crust," says Sally Seidel of Sheridan, Wyoming.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; stir in milk and eggs. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle over the crust. Top with pepperoni, onion and green pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Spread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pour-A-Pan Pizza in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pour-A-Pan Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review