- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the applesauce, vanilla and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until blended.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pound Cake
"Made this pound cake this morning and did find it dense like some of the other reviews,.but the taste is very good. I also baked it at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. but I dont know if I will make this cake again, I might just buy the box mix, that way I know it comes out right."
"This was OK. Mine came out a bit dry and I only baked it for 50 minutes. Flavor was good though.I trimmed off the top so the cake was flat then made 3 layers out of it. I filled it with a home-cooked strawberry filling and chocolate whipped cream icing between each layer then frosted it with the chocolate whipped cream. I didn't have any lemons on hand, so I used about 1/4 tsp of lemon extract. I think this cake would work out better in a trifle."
"nubyenoh looks like 'honey bun' spelled backwards "
nubyenoh, Yours is an interesting name, anyone ever comment on it? The reason I asked is, it sounds like a 'pet name' that someone may have given you... or the other way around... (:"
" Yes, you can subsitute Splenda for sugar. Splenda says cup for cup etc but personally I use less because it's so sweet and I'm also high altitude. "
"This cake is so horrible and nasty as it can be.I will never make that cake again."
"Worst cake I ever made!!!!!!!Nubyenoh"
"Re: Pound CakeThis pound cake was not dense, did not like the taste, will stick to my tried and true recipe for pound cake.ebakerlady"
"To me pound cakes are suppose to be dense. That what makes them a good poundcake. Yummy!"
"I made this poundcake and it was very tasty but the cake was very dense."