Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the applesauce, vanilla and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until blended.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pound Cake(40)
Sort By :
Made this pound cake this morning and did find it dense like some of the other reviews,.but the taste is very good. I also baked it at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. but I dont know if I will make this cake again, I might just buy the box mix, that way I know it comes out right.
This was OK. Mine came out a bit dry and I only baked it for 50 minutes. Flavor was good though.I trimmed off the top so the cake was flat then made 3 layers out of it. I filled it with a home-cooked strawberry filling and chocolate whipped cream icing between each layer then frosted it with the chocolate whipped cream. I didn't have any lemons on hand, so I used about 1/4 tsp of lemon extract. I think this cake would work out better in a trifle.
nubyenoh looks like 'honey bun' spelled backwards
nubyenoh, Yours is an interesting name, anyone ever comment on it? The reason I asked is, it sounds like a 'pet name' that someone may have given you... or the other way around... (:
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >