Pound Cake Recipe
"This is my own low-fat recipe and I often use cubes of it to make a wonderfully light blueberry trifle," writes Joyce Grasby from Rochester, New York. She also likes to spoon fresh or frozen fruit or berries over each slice for added flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the applesauce, vanilla and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until blended.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 185 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC